Thank you for your interest and effort to help raise awareness about the role and importance of the Judicial Branch and the court system. To request a Judicial Branch speaker, please submit the speaker event request form.
The following provides resource material to use for civics education in the classroom.
- Judicial Branch and State Government pocket guide overview (pptx)
- History of N.C. Courts: parts 1-2 (pdf)
- Brief History of Architecture Styles in N.C. Courthouses (pdf)
- Chief Justice Mark Martin Invites North Carolina to Celebrate Court Anniversaries (2 minutes)
- History of N.C. Courts (full video with Chief Justice Mark Martin message) (10 minutes)
- Carolina K-12 Judicial Branch Lessons
- NC Civic Education Consortium
- NCpedia: Law and Legal History
- ABA Division for Public Education Lessons
- NCSC Civics Education Resources and Constitution Day Lesson Plans
- National Constitution Center Lesson Plans
- Constitution Day video