Thank you for your interest and effort to help raise awareness about the role and importance of the Judicial Branch and the court system to various groups throughout North Carolina.
The following provides speakers with a guide, sample outline, and resource materials to use for your event.
- Sign up to be a speaker or confirm participation in speaker’s bureau
- Promote yourself as a speaker
- Coordinate the event (determine audience, demographics, and attendance)
- Choose promotional material to provide your host organization with flyers, and use the press release advisory template (if the public / media is welcome to attend).
- Email email@example.com to have your event promoted on the Celebrate website. Please include event date, time, and address.
- Be your professional self and represent the judicial community well.
- Remember, the goal is to create public awareness about the importance of the Judicial Branch and the role of courts.
- Arrive early to set up presentation
- Greet guests upon arrival
- Begin presentation
- Ask guests if they know of any other opportunities to speak events in the area
- Talk with guests as they leave event setting
- Take down event materials
- Send a thank you notecard to the host organization
- Submit an event recap
- Tell us about your event (topic, guests, any questions / reactions from guest) and how we may improve.
- Let us know other information or material that would benefit the Speakers Bureau